|Admission Prices:||£5 and free for U12's|
|Online Ticket Offer:|
The Killultagh Hunt dates back to 1610, originally a Stag hunt, with scarlet livery. In 1832 Killultagh joined with the Old Rock harriers, whose livery was a dark bottle green. A short time later they amalgamated with the Earl of Chichester private pack, whose livery was old gold. They then became known as the Killultagh, Old Rock and Chichester Harriers. In the late 80’s the hunt changed from a harrier pack to a fox hound pack.
The Killultagh Hunt has been running Point-to-Point’s since the late 1800s, during the war the race was held near the old Enkalon site, in Antrim known as ‘The Bog Meadow’s’. In the 50’s and 60’s they located to Pigeon Town, Glenavy. Then moved to Ballyarnot, Aldergrove. Then Lennymore in Crumlin.
Our present meeting is held at the excellent location on the Largy Road, by kind permission of Dr Peter Fitzgerald and Randox Laboratories.
The new track is right handed, a slight incline from the last fence to the finish, with excellent viewing for the public as the whole course can be viewed from the main book makers/viewing area. A day out at Largy point-to-point is a perfect day in the countryside for all the family.
Largy Point-to-Point Races
Philip Swann -0044 7801784561